Renovation and restoration of a listed villa with office use, Munich
The listed villa is situated in the Munich suburb of Bogenhausen. The neighbourhood between the Herzogpark and Mauerkircherstrasse is surrounded by stately villas. Built as a representative house in 1921/22, the villa is characterised by the centred entrance buttress, which is as high as the building, a two-storey, plaster structured hipped roof in baroque forms with corner cupolas and a gable-topped porch. The elevated entrance level is reached via a generously sized step and ramp arrangement that leads directly into a two-storey, prestigious hall.
The office areas, divided into eight office units, surround this hall in the listed, restored interior rooms. For this purpose, the classical room sequences are used partly with originally restored built-in furniture and fireplaces. In the attic, a loft-type office unit with a visible roof structure completes the picture. In addition to the jointly used areas such as the hall and the wine cellar, the redesigned external area offers further welcoming qualities. A universal lighting concept for the villa’s interior and exterior spaces results in a uniform appearance that does justice to the effect of the historic property.
Date of Completion: 2021
Landau + Kindelbacher Architects Interior Designers