This listed building was built in 1897 and, having been used as offices, was restored to its original function as a residential property. On the inside the building conforms to the “Gründerzeit” practice of positioning the prestigious rooms facing the street. The large garden was not given due consideration and the south façade merely featured the kitchen and ancillary rooms. The building has been divided up in a way that reflects the needs of the developer’s family of six.
The ground floor is based around the main hall and by means of the large conservatory guides attention to the south-facing garden. On the first floor there are four children’s rooms and a children’s bathroom, plus a utility room. The parents’ wing in the attic is accessed by means of new indoor staircase. The spacious historical roof terrace affords a view of the park-like grounds with their mature trees.
Area: 450 m2
Date of Completion: 2000
Landau + Kindelbacher